Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Nice Mitts

So I'm sitting here watching the New Hampshire primary results roll in and I'm thinking a few things:

First, I need to get a life and I'm definitely going to do that after the primaries.

Second, what kind of a name is "Mitt"? I had a friend once who had a cat named Mittens because the cat was black with white front paws. I wonder if one of Mitt's hands was abnormally large and that's how his parents came up with his name. I think that could be a really great story. I could see him on the campaign trail telling a crowd of supporters, "Listen people, if I can overcome the kind of adversity that comes with having one big banana hand, just think of what we can do together as a country!"

Third, I'm getting tired of the way that these candidates end all of their speeches. It seems like the only way to end a political campaign speech is to yell something along the lines of, "From here we go to Michigan, South Carolina and then THE WHITE HOUSE!!!!!" Cue uproarious applause. I think it would be really cool if somebody ended their speech by saying in a hushed tone "The end."

No comments: